SUPER RUST STOP PRIMER - Guaranteed to Stop Rust!
Super Rust Stop Primer is an industrial strength 'rust converting" high solids rust stopping primer, designed especially as a heavy duty protective metal coating for exterior and interior applications. Super Rust Stop Primer is designed to withstand heavy use and severe exposure to weather and high UV. Super Rust Stop Primer also protects your metal surface from chemicals, abrasion, oils, grease, corrosion, mildew, chipping and fading. So if you are looking for the perfect, cost-effective, and easy to use metal primer paint for your project, whether it be a fencing, railings, a shed or barn roof for a home project, or a commercial project like a restaurant, retail store, factory or warehouse, then Super Rust Stop Primer is exactly what you need!
- The best product on the market for stopping rust!
- Covers approximately 400 square feet per gallon; 2 coats recommended for proper application
- Direct to rust primer for all your rusty metal needs
- Works on clean steel or rusty steel, aluminum, tin or previously painted surfaces
- Is a universal paint primer, and a "rust converting" paint primer
- Can overcoat with all different types of paint - no restrictions
- Penetrates the porous rust reaching the metal underneath
- Will not lift, blister, or peel away from its leading edge
- Is a self-etching primer that "bites" into the painted surface.
- Is a unique 1-step process
- Can be applied by brush, roller, conventional spray or airless spray.
Theoretical coverage at two mils dry is 400 square feet per gallon, and recommended thickness of 4 mils dry would require 2 full coats. Material losses during mixing and application will vary and must be taken into consideration. Expect less coverage on bare, rough or sandblasted surfaces.
To figure out the amount of paint you will require: Length x Width of surface = square footage x 2 (2 coats) divided by 400 square feet = gallons needed.
Clean steel, rusty steel, aluminum, tin, previously painted surfaces, etc.
FINISH: Semi Gloss
RECOMMENDED TOP-COAT: SUPER RUST STOP - ADVANCED SILICONE ENAMEL
SOLIDS BY WEIGHT: 53%
WEIGHT PER GALLON: 10.2 lbs. per gallon (varies by color)
RECOMMENDED DRY FILM: 4.0 mils
VISCOSITY AT 75°F (24°C): 70-80 KU
AVERAGE DRY TIME - 77°F: Dries to touch in 1-2 hours. Lower temperatures & higher humidity will slow down dry times.
RECOAT TIMES - 77°F: Recoat in 24 hours. Longer times are needed for lower temperatures.
RECOMMENDED REDUCER: Use as packaged. Thinning is not required.
RESISTANCE TO: Chemical Resistance, Abrasion, Oils, Grease, Rust, Corrosion, Mildew, Chipping and Fading
RECOMMENDED TOP COAT: SUPER RUST STOP Advanced Silicone Enamel
APPLICATION: Brush, Spray or Roller
ROLL: 3/8” - 1/2” nap mohair, lambskin, phenolic core roller. Keep roller wet. Roll in one direction, rewet, then cross roll. Product to be used as packaged.
SPRAY: Conventional Air Gravity Feed 59-70 psi, Tip Size .055-.070, Airless 2200-2500 psi, Tip Size .013-.017.
SURFACE PREPARATION: For optimum performance, scrape off loose rust and paint with a wire brush, and also remove all dirt, oils and grease. Solvent wipe down to remove all residue. Apply Super Rust Stop Primer.
POT LIFE: Not Applicable
SHELF LIFE: Minimum 24 months
MIXING: Mix for 10 minutes, making sure that all solid material is mixed thoroughly.
CLEANUP: Xylene or Lacquer Thinner for Equipment
PACKAGE: 1 Gallon cans.